Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
The Employee Engagement is looking for a Manager, Communications to bring our communications to the next level! This position will support in the communications strategy for T-Mobile diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, focused on employees. In this role, you’ll own how we transform DE&I communications into engaging messages that are clear, concise, engaging, and impactful. To succeed in this role, you will need to be a master collaborator, bringing together partners in Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Supplier Diversity, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Executive Communications and HR along the DE&I journey. These partners will lean on you for the right message and strategy.
You’ll also need to enjoy managing a small, but wildly-impactful team, be self-motivated, and possess a growth mindset to continually learn and evolve with the rest of the DE&I team. T-Mobile has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our team of diverse, hard-working self-starters who are ready take on any task, big or small. We firmly believe that by leading with a culture of inclusion and celebrating each other’s differences – we are a stronger company.
** This position can be based in Bellevue, WA or Overland Park, KS **
In this role, you will wear many hats, including:
- Strategic Communications Lead: Whether it comes to how the company responds to unexpected DE&I moments, launching never-before-seen communications campaigns, or figuring out ways to showcase our participation in Pride/Veterans Day/Black History Month, etc., you will be the strategic lens drive bold, industry-leading, creative initiatives
- Fierce Collaborator: You are the glue — from PR, HR, internal communications, Marketing, legal, supplier diversity – you name it. You’ll be a flexible partner to other teams for DE&I messaging and communicating our progress team members across the company.
- Messaging Authority: You will be the go-to for a unified DE&I narrative. This includes drafting storylines to turn T-Mobile’s multi-year roadmap into a message that sticks with employees.
- Lead by example: This role will direct a team working on DE&I Communications: maintaining our materials, resources, placement on DE&I awards and indices, and much more.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, PR or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience in internal communications, public relations, or marketing
- Prior experience and deep understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, including but not limited to communications strategy, ERG leadership and program management
- Prior experience directly leading and managing a team
- Results driven, strong organizational skills, history of anticipating issues and the ability to be strategic, proactive and assertive.
- Strong ability to productively partner across the company and with different teams.
- Keen understanding of audience and tone, ready to craft communications aimed at a variety of different audiences.
- A good networker, driving cross-functional collaboration on messaging that may impact multiple partners.
- An influencer, skilled at driving results both directly and indirectly through others.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination prior to successful applicant’s first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.