Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
Our team is a growing band of innovators, progressives, and problem solvers. We cover everything from network services, like visual voicemail, DIGITS, and SCAM ID, to beneficial services from the likes of Netflix and Gogo, as well as complete branded experiences like FamilyMode and SyncUP Drive. We continue to push into new categories in the automotive, kids, pets, and older care spaces, offering a complete end to end solutions. Between T-Mobile and Metro, we have a powerful distribution channel as well as a large customer base to target. If you’re looking for new challenges covering everything from a tiny IoT device to tablets, look no further.
As a Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team, including other firmware, hardware, software, and mobile developers. As a Sr. level Engineer, you will be expected to have knowledge across subject areas and able to guide overall system optimization, security, and reliably. The ability to be responsive, flexible, and communicate clearly, both technical and non-technical, will be critical to your success in this role.
You will participate in the design, integration, and improvement of the FW stacks for the main computational board embedded in our devices. This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, communication protocols, security requirements, refactoring and porting existing code, and other low-level programming activities.
- Passion for providing a great customer experience in all of our products through the quality and usability of released firmware
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of Firmware development experience.
- 6+ years of providing design leadership within a technical team
- C and embedded SW development expertise.
- Experience with low-level device-to-platform communication including UDP, ProtoBufs, and binary packed messages.
- Experience with interfacing and developing web applications for device interaction, testing, and management.
- Excellent communication skills with internal technical teams, internal business teams, and external partners.
- Experience using Git source control management system.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development toolchains and environments.
- Experience with assembly level development on microcontrollers such as AVR, MSP430, and Arm Cortex series.
- Hands-on experience in working with embedded RTOS such as FreeRTOS, ThreadX, or other MCU level operating systems.
- Hands-on experience in working with Linux-based devices.
- Hands-on experience in developing BSP for Linux and or Android-based devices.
- Linux kernel and driver development experience required.
- Experience working in both prototyping and formal product development environments.
- Understanding of security issues related to deployments of typical network applications and protocols.
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience on ARM multi-core processors.
- Experience with very battery efficient designs
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, MQTT, Docker, AWS or Azure IoT
- Experience with navigation sensors such as IMUs, GPS, and other location services
- Knowledge of wireless BLE 4.0 protocols, TCP/IP networking, understand 802.11 protocol
- Experience working with cellular modems and modules
- Ability to understand schematics for embedded portions of hardware and provide technical review and build BSP files.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $130,500 to $176,600 for annual base salary. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. Employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of an employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year.
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.