Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
At T-Mobile we embrace diversity and inclusion—to us it’s more than simply being the right thing to do. Our diverse employees (and customers!) help us break down barriers and rewrite the rules. We are looking for highly motivated, customer obsessed and entrepreneurial people to help fulfill our commitment to ensure that all T-Mobile experiences are seamless, inclusive, and accessible to employees and customers of all abilities. The Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) at T-Mobile is driving a culture shift that will make accessibility a part of everything we do. Our vision is to go beyond 100% compliance and truly make accessibility and inclusion part of T-Mobile’s corporate DNA.
Our team is looking for Senior Native App Development Accessibility Coach with proven knowledge of digital accessibility. In this role you will design and drive the delivery of digital accessibility tools and solutions at T-Mobile. In addition to providing technical resolutions to complex accessibility issues, this role requires a blend of skills that include leadership, mentoring, training, problem-solving, and hands-on development.
To be successful in this role you should be able to understand and communicate the broader implications of implementing any accessibility strategy across all business units, while being able to visualize implications at a project-level. We will look to you to provide direction, guidance, oversight, and support to help development teams across the enterprise to successfully deliver digital accessibility solutions on time with quality.
- Use your excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships, credibility and trust with business, product and technical partners.
- Evaluate, define, and when required, prototype appropriate approaches for any proposed accessibility solution.
- Assist internal delivery teams with on-going development processes and implementation of accessibility throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Run manual assessments on native applications to identify accessibility issues, suggested fixes, and prioritization.
- Help teams understand accessibility requirements, available tools, solutions and prioritization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline. A relevant combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- 5+ years of electronic communications accessibility analysis, design and development experience in large and highly dynamic environments.
- Solid knowledge of W3C WCAG 2.1 standards as well as US ADA, Section 508 and how they apply to mobile apps.
- Demonstrated testing experience and detailed knowledge of assistive technologies for devices such as VoiceOver, TalkBack and external keyboards.
- Expert level understanding of coding techniques and best practices for accessibility attributes/methods/properties/traits for Xcode (UI Kit and Swift) and Android Studio (Kotlin and Jetpack Compose)
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required. Your ability to demonstrate success in these areas should quickly become obvious.
- Strong understanding of accessible user interface design practices and principles for mobile devices.
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
- Strong organizational skills combined with a self-motivated, self-starter, go getter
- The ability to take a stand, yet commit even when you disagree
- You see accessibility as a design tool, not a compliance issue.
Skills & experience:
- You must have the patient heart of coach and teacher, with the ability to repeatedly explain accessibility related attributes, methods, traits and properties in Xcode and Android Studio.
- You are an Xcode and/or Android Studio developer, or, understand development techniques very well
- You’re comfortable talking mobile UX with designers.
- You have very strong knowledge of screen reader default announcements for native controls on iOS and Android devices.
- You’ve been designing and developing code that is WCAG AA compliant for the last few years; not because it was an enforced standard, but because you love creating a great user experience for mobile screen reader users.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Washington Pay Range : $154,300.00 – $208,800.00
The pay range above is the general base pay range for a successful candidate in the state listed. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. At T-Mobile, employees in regular, non-temporary roles are eligible for an annual bonus or periodic sales incentive or bonus, based on their role. Most Corporate employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of the employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year. Certain positions in Customer Care are eligible for monthly bonuses based on individual and/or team performance, while Retail and Business Sales roles are eligible for monthly or quarterly sales incentives. And since we are ALL owners, EVERY employee at T-Mobile is eligible for an Annual Stock Grant. For information about T-Mobile’s amazing benefits, check out https://careers.t-mobile.com/culture-and-benefits/
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.