Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
At T-Mobile, we strongly encourage everyone, including people of color, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, and parents to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
T-Mobile is seeking a strategic, hands-on privacy attorney to support innovative client groups with an emphasis on advertising technology and data innovation. The person in this role will provide strategic and tactical advice to help grow T-Mobile’s advertising business in a fast-changing regulatory climate. The ideal candidate will have deep privacy and technology background to analyze new products to facilitate client goals while minimizing risk to T-Mobile.
What you’ll do in your role
- Act as subject matter expert for advertising privacy matters
- Be a key resource for putting in place various technical solutions, policies, training, and otherwise advance the T-Mobile privacy program
- Work cross-functionally to provide legal counsel to the advertising team on the implementation of privacy requirements
- Work with clients to negotiate privacy contract terms
- Perform privacy impact assessments and similar analyses of existing and proposed products, services, systems, and processes
- Advise clients on legal and business issues related to federal and state privacy laws
- Assist with privacy due diligence and integration activities
- Aid team members, including executives, on projects by conducting research, analysis, and developing communications in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Deliver easy-to-understand written and oral advice in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
The qualifications and experience you’ll bring
- 3+ years as an attorney with in-house, law firm, or government experience focused on privacy
- Able to lead and collaborate on cross-functional, dynamic projects with little supervision
- Technical acumen to advise on complex technology questions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to persuade senior management
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience working within a privacy framework like the GDPR or the CCPA/CPRA
- Keen business sense – strong judgment, risk assessment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- A results-oriented mindset able to deliver for customers
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to embrace and include a diverse team
- A U.S. law degree and admission to at least one state bar
- Engineering and/or computer science background or strong interest in technology
- Experience with privacy-protective technology like hashing, de-identification, clean rooms, etc.
- Ability to understand and create data flows and maps
- Familiarity with the AdTech industry
- At least one privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, Privacy Law Specialist, or CISSP
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
Washington Pay Range : $152,500.00 – $206,300.00
The pay range above is the general base pay range for a successful candidate in the state listed. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. At T-Mobile, employees in regular, non-temporary roles are eligible for an annual bonus or periodic sales incentive or bonus, based on their role. Most Corporate employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of the employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year. Certain positions in Customer Care are eligible for monthly bonuses based on individual and/or team performance, while Retail and Business Sales roles are eligible for monthly or quarterly sales incentives. And since we are ALL owners, EVERY employee at T-Mobile is eligible for an Annual Stock Grant. For information about T-Mobile’s amazing benefits, check out https://careers.t-mobile.com/culture-and-benefits/
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
Req ID: REQ216888
Position Posted for
Other Available locations.
Overland Park, KS, US
Frisco, TX, US
Reston, VA, US
Applicant Privacy Notice
To understand what personal data we collect about you as a job applicant, how we use your data, and how long we retain your data, please take a look at our Applicant Privacy Notice.